Sunday 14 January 2018

[Movie] The Greatest Showman

THE GREATEST SHOWMAN
Genre: Drama, Musical & Performing Arts
Directed by: Michael Gracey
Written by: Jenny Bicks, Bill Condon
Release date: December 8, 2017 (Indonesia)
Production house: Chernin Entertainment, Seed Productions, TSG Entertainment
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes. 

I must say that this movie is the greatest show, INDEED. I feel so much joy watching the movie. The story, the characters, and especially the music, everything got me amazed! No wonder everyone talks about this movie (people posting about this movie on instagram stories, share the songs and reviews all over my timeline lol). I've always loved musical movies, either it's animated or not (this is also why I love all Disney movies). Although some people find it annoying, I love movies which the characters sing almost all the time (dikit-dikit nyanyi).

The movie tells a story about P. T. Barnum (Hugh Jackman), a man who's such a risk taker in his life. He lives a modest life with her wife Charity Barnum (Michelle Williams) and both of his daughters. Despite being responsible to his family living, he still takes a big risk when he tries to make his dreams come true when he bought a museum from a loan. He wants to own a show, and make money from it. Then he searches for "freaks" to serve as performers for his museum. This attracts a large audience, despite protests and poor reviews. As his show business gets better, he met Phillip Carlyle (Zac Efron), someone who he knows could bring his reputation amongst the upper class. They worked together and Barnum's American Museum starts to get known by countries. But Barnum never gets enough of it, until things happens and he finally find out how to stop.


The plot is quick but it doesn't rush. This movie contains life lessons that often happens in our lives, and wrap it beautifully in songs; never gets enough of what we already have (Never Enough), feels different and gets ignored by people (This is Me), but also complicated love (Rewrite The Stars) and unconditional love (Tightrope). 


Songs in this movie gives me chills! Even I got chills already during "The Greatest Show", the very first song that begin the movie. The way they sing it makes me believe that the show they're playing is really the greatest show! There are 11 songs i n the movie, and I love each of them. The song I love the most is Tightrope. It's sang by Michelle Williams, the cast of Charity Barnum, and tells about Charity's feeling as the wife of P. T. Barnum, the risk taker. I'm so touched by how much she loves him that she 'risk it all' for the life they choose. Yeah, despite the personality Barnum has, Charity stays with him, believes in his husband's dream, and enjoy everything that comes with it. For her, living with Barnum is beautiful, and so worth it. This is so wonderful for me: when you can make the decision to leave the 'better things' in life just to be with the one you love. Can you tell how beautiful her heart is?? *cries*

I highly recommend this movie, especially for those who loves musical movies. To be honest, I really want to watch this again in the cinema because I'm in love with this movie and of course because I know that it'll be sooooo worth it!!

Rate: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loved. I read every single of them ❤
By the way, don't hesitate to follow my blog because I'm following back! :)